Slip and Fall Injuries: What to do After

June 18th, 2020

slip and fall lawyers - flager & associates

“I suffered a slip and fall injury, what should I do?”

Millions of people are treated for slip and fall accidents every year. Most of these accidents occur at work, but they can happen anywhere from retail stores to restaurants, schools, and even in front of your neighbor’s house. If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property, you may be eligible for compensation. However, there are steps you need to take to ensure that you have a valid case.

Here’s what you should do after you slip and fall on someone else’s property.

Take pictures. You should always take photos when you’re in an accident. In a slip and fall, take a picture of what it was that caused your fall. Was it a crack in the pavement, a puddle from a spill, or a hidden pothole? Having photographic evidence of the ground’s condition can help your case. You can also take photos of any injuries you might incur and the shoes and clothing you were wearing.

Notify the place. Immediately notify the property manager or homeowner if you slip and fall on their property. If you put off telling the person responsible for the property, you may harm any potential lawsuit. Whether you fell in front of someone’s home or a commercial facility, ask if they have video footage of the fall. A video can help show what caused you to fall and support your claim.

Make a report. You should get all details of your incident in writing. Work with the owner of the premises to file a report. Commercial properties will most likely need to keep a record of the accident regardless—ask for a copy. Include everything from where you fell to what you were doing leading up to the fall, how you fell, and if there were any witnesses. If someone else did happen to see your accident, make sure you get their contact information.

Seek medical treatment. If you’re injured, you should contact your doctor or head to the emergency room for medical attention immediately. Medical treatment is necessary not only to treat and recover from your injuries but also because the medical records for that treatment are used to substantiate your claim for personal injuries against the other party.

Contact a slip and fall lawyer. When you’re considering pursuing a lawsuit for slip and fall injuries, you should contact the slip and fall lawyers at Flager & Associates. Since personal injury lawsuits can be complicated, our injury lawyers will help you using their knowledge, experience, and resources. They know how to determine who is liable for the fall and how to present your evidence. You’ll have a better chance at winning your lawsuit if you have a Flager & Associates slip and fall attorney on your side. 

If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall incident, contact the personal injury lawyers at Flager & Associates today by calling (215) 953-5200. We provide free case evaluations.


Contact Flager & Associates, PC

Located in Bensalem (across from the Neshaminy Mall), with offices in Philadelphia and New Hope, our law firm proudly serves injury victims throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Bensalem Office

One Northbrook Corporate Center
1210 Northbrook Drive
Ste. 280
Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053

Phone: (215) 953-5200
Fax: (215) 953-5214

Philadelphia Office

1500 JFK Blvd
Suite 1450
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Request a Free Case Evaluation!

Let us represent you. Contact us today for a free initial evaluation with one of our seasoned personal injury lawyers.