5 Tips for Choosing a Personal Injury Attorney
“What questions should I ask when choosing a personal injury attorney?”
When it comes to choosing a personal injury attorney, most people are unsure of who to call and what questions to ask. And with that uncertainty comes delays, with some people waiting days, even weeks before calling an attorney. We’ve compiled a list of 5 tips that you can use to make an educated decision when choosing your personal injury attorney:
- When pursuing a personal injury case, be sure to choose an attorney that specializes in personal injury cases. Skilled personal injury attorneys have experience working with insurance companies regularly and understand what it takes to get the best settlement for your case.
- Be sure to choose an attorney that has the resources to handle your case. While some case are simple and can settle quickly, others are more complex and can take much longer.
- When necessary, it’s important that your personal injury attorney has experience going to trial. Not all cases will require it, but in the event that yours does, it’s important that you have an experienced trial attorney on your side.
- With a wealth of knowledge and information at our fingertips, it’s critical that you do your research and read the reviews about the attorney and/or law firms that you are considering.
“Flager & Associates were extremely helpful in handling my slip and fall case. They guided me through the process and advised me on what actions to take to achieve a satisfactory settlement. Someone was available to answer all questions and told me what documentation was needed to keep my case moving along. When the negotiations were taking place in the final phase of the process the attorneys were excellent in advising me on when to accept a settlement.”
- Find out how they charge their clients, and whether they offer free case evaluations or not. Some law firms will bill you for phone consultations, in-person meetings, and court appearances, while others will only charge you if and when you receive your settlement.